CHARLOTTE – Tonight, N.C. Department of Transportation contract crews will continue a bridge rehabilitation project on the John Belk Freeway end of Interstate 277, requiring overnight ramp closures:
- Tonight, crews will close the ramp from the inner loop to U.S. 74 East.
- Tuesday night, crews will close the ramp from I-77 North to the outer loop.
- These ramps will close Wednesday night:
- From U.S. 74 West, I-77 North, South Boulevard, E. Third Street, S. Church Street, and E. Brooklyn Village Avenue to the inner loop
- From the inner loop to I-77 North/South, E. Fourth Street and South Boulevard
- These ramps will close Thursday night:
- From I-77 North, U.S. 74 West, South Boulevard, E. Brooklyn Village Avenue, and from S. Clarkson/E. Morehead streets to the outer loop
- From the outer loop to I-77 South, U.S. 74 East, Carson/South boulevards, E. Third/S. College streets and Kenilworth Avenue
The ramp and lane closures are scheduled from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. tonight – Friday morning. All closures are weather dependent and subject to change.
Drivers need to slow down and use extra caution while going through the work zones. They also need to pay extra attention to the road for their own safety, as well as any occupants of other vehicles and the construction crews in the area.
For real-time travel information, visit DriveNC.gov or follow NCDOT on social media.