The Strategic Transportation Corridors policy requires the N.C. Department of Transportation to develop strategic master plans for each of the state's 25 designated corridors.
The intent is to develop a consistent transportation vision for each corridor – based on stakeholder input and sound technical assessment – that recognizes economic development objectives, advances regional planning and corridor project development activities, and can streamline the project development process.
NCDOT is currently working on master plans for:
- Corridor D (U.S. 321/CSX)
- Corridor P (U.S. 70 East/North Carolina Railroad)
- Corridor S (I-795/U.S. 117)
- Corridor U (U.S. 74 West/U.S. 74 East)
- Corridor X (U.S. 258/N.C. 111/U.S.13)
More information on the development of these plans is available on Connect NCDOT, the department's website for online collaboration and resources for business, professional and working partners.