LINCOLNTON – A bridge on Howards Mill Road over Howards Creek will be replaced under a $8.5 million contract awarded in 2017 to replace seven bridges in Cleveland and Lincoln counties.
Contractor R.E. Burns and Sons Co. of Statesville will close Howards Mill Road on Monday, March 18. The contract calls for the closure to stay in place through Oct. 29.
Drivers can follow a posted detour from Howards Mill Road to N.C. 27, Cat Square Road, Hoover Elmore Road and Reepsvile Road.
These other bridges are also being replaced under the contract:
- Oak Grove Road over Muddy Fork Creek
- Bethlehem Road over Beason Creek
- Laboratory Road over Indian Creek
- Southside Road over South Fork of the Catawba River
- Reepsville Road over Tanyard Creek
- Alf Hoover Road over Howards Creek
All of the new bridges are scheduled to be completed by May 21, 2020.