RALEIGH – Long-distance passenger rail service through North Carolina will begin operating on a normal schedule over the next few days, following cancellations due to Hurricane Dorian.
The department’s state-supported Piedmont and Carolinian trains are continuing to operate between Raleigh and Charlotte. Amtrak’s Crescent is also running on its regular schedule.
The following trains, which operate through North Carolina, are expected to resume their normal schedules on the below dates:
Friday, Sept. 6
- Carolinian (Trains 79, 80) – New York to Charlotte
- Southbound Silver Star (Train 91) – New York to Miami
- Southbound Silver Meteor (Train 97) – New York to Miami
Saturday, Sept. 7
- Northbound Silver Star (Train 92)
- Northbound Silver Meteor (Train 98)
The department will provide additional updates as information becomes available. Visit Amtrak’s website or call 1-800-USA-RAIL to make changes to a reservation or if you have questions.