SALISBURY – Several lane and ramp closures are planned for next week as part of the pavement rehabilitation project on Interstate 85 in Rowan County.
To continue diamond grinding work, which makes the concrete pavement smoother, contract crews have set the following weather-dependent schedule. The closures are set to be in place between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Monday and Tuesday: The right two lanes of I-85 North will be closed between N.C. 152 (Exit 68) in China Grove and Webb Road (Exit 70).
- Wednesday and Thursday: The right two lanes of I-85 South will be closed between Long Ferry Road (Exit 81) and mile marker 80 on Wednesday; the right two lanes of I-85 North will be closed between Webb Road (Exit 70) and Peeler Road (Exit 71) on Thursday.
Ramp closures are scheduled as follows:
- On Tuesday, the ramp from I-85 North to Webb Road (Exit 70). Traffic will continue on I-85 North to Peeler Road and head back on I-85 South to access Webb Road.
- On Wednesday, the ramp from I-85 South to Long Ferry Road. Traffic will follow I-85 South to the Old Union Church Road interchange (Exit 79) to turn around on the interstate and return to Long Ferry Road.
- On Thursday, the ramp from Webb Road onto I-85 North. Drivers will take I-85 South to N.C. 152 (Exit 68) to access I-85 North.
Drivers should remember crews are working near the travel lanes and use extreme caution throughout this stretch of I-85 next week.