LUMBERTON – Seventeen miles of various secondary routes across Robeson County will be resurfaced and restriped under a new $2.4 million contract.
Sections of the following roads will be improved:
- Snipes Road near Red Springs
- Shannon Road near Red Springs
- Shaw Road south of Parkton
- Long Road east of Lumberton
- Lambshire Drive outside Lumberton
- Rachel Street outside Lumberton
- Yedda Road outside Lumberton
- Atlanta Street outside Lumberton
- Shirley Street outside Lumberton
In addition, 7.5 miles of Old Red Springs Road will be resurfaced from N.C. 710 in Red Springs to almost the U.S. 74 overpass in Maxton.
The N.C. Department of Transportation awarded the contract to Johnson Brothers Utility & Paving Co. of Lillington in April.
The contractor may do the work in any order between June and the fall of 2023, when the improvements must be completed.
Drivers can expect to encounter lane closures, flagging operations and delays on stretches of these affected roads during construction. They should slow down and be alert while traveling in any work zone.