CARTHAGE – A $2.2 million contract awarded by the N.C. Department of Transportation will bring improvements to nearly ten miles of Moore County roadways.
The contract includes resurfacing segments of these roads:
- U.S. 1 near the Richmond County line
- Old NC 2 from N.C. 5 to the roundabout north of Aberdeen
- Niagara Carthage Road from Vass-Carthage Road to Holly Circle in Carthage
- Old River Road from Priest Hill Road to Wadsworth Road in Carthage
- Putnam Glendon Road from N.C. 22 to Putnam Church Road near Glendon
- E. Indiana Avenue from Fort Bragg Road to N.C. 211 in Southern Pines
Work can start as soon as March 1, 2023, wrapping up by October 2024.