RALEIGH – The N.C. Department of Transportation will host a round of regional workshops this Saturday for small, disadvantaged firms seeking contracts with the transportation agency.
The department will host the outreach meetings at NCDOT offices throughout the state from 10 a.m.-noon Saturday.
If you own a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) — whether a small, woman-owned or minority-owned business – NCDOT wants to work with you.
NCDOT's Division of Highways advertises and awards numerous contracts each year for all sorts of transportation work, including emergency response work, road and bridge construction, traffic control, tree trimming and roadside litter pickup and mowing.
Each project is an opportunity for NCDOT to encourage DBE participation and level the playing field by providing equitable and balanced access for these businesses to compete on contracts.
NCDOT’s Division of Highways, in partnership with the department’s Office of Civil Rights, are hosting these events.
The meetings will be held at locations covering all 14 NCDOT highway divisions. NCDOT’s website provides a map showing the location and counties represented by each highway division.
The outreach meetings will be held at the following locations.
- Division 1 & 2: NCDOT's Division 1 Office, 113 Airport Drive Suite 100, Edenton
- Division 3 & 6: Cape Fear Community College, McKeithan Center, 4500 Blue Clay Road, Castle Hayne
- Division 4 & 5: Vance-Granville Community College Franklin Campus, 8100 N.C. 56, Louisburg
- Division 7 & 9: NCDOT’s Division 7 Office, 1584 Yanceyville St., Greensboro
- Division 8 & 10: Metrolina Regional Transportation Management Center, 2327 Tipton Drive, Charlotte
- Division 11 & 12: NCDOT’s Division 11 Office, 801 Statesville Road, North Wilkesboro
- Division 13 & 14: Division 13 Office, 55 Orange St., Asheville
Since the outreach initiative launched in June 2021, nearly 700 participants representing hundreds of firms have attended these outreach workshops. Although, the primary focus of the outreach workshop is for our DBEs, these outreach meetings are open to anyone who wants to do business with NCDOT.