RALEIGH – The N.C. Department of Transportation’s Office of Historically Black Colleges and Universities has awarded $24,000 to 16 students for the 2022-2023 North Carolina Historically Black Colleges and Universities/Minority-Serving Institution Transportation Scholarship Program.
NCDOT’s HBCU and MSI Transportation Scholarship Program helps develop new, diverse transportation professionals by awarding $1,500 scholarships to students pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees in transportation-related fields at any of North Carolina’s HBCU or MSI.
This year’s recipients are:
- Nevaeh Burley - Bennett College
- Joshua Hunter, Luz Vazquez Rivera and Caylah Vickers - Elizabeth City State University
- Dominique Jenkins and Daniel Bigler - Fayetteville State University
- Zachaya Ozuna, Skylar Montague, Sidra Bundu and Teren McNeill - N.C. A&T State University
- Devin Freeman, Jarid Taylor, NaDia Webb and Kelly Chesson - N.C. Central University
- Daniel Mattyasovsky and Ndey Camara - Shaw University