WINSTON-SALEM – An N.C. Department of Transportation contractor will close lanes and ramps at night along Interstate 40 East in Forsyth County this weekend for an ongoing rehabilitation and bridge preservation project, weather permitting.
The following lane closures on I-40 East are scheduled from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning:
- Sunday, two of three lanes will close from Stratford Road to east of Hanes Mall Boulevard.
- Monday, two of three lanes will close from Hanes Mall Boulevard to Peters Creek Parkway.
- Tuesday, two of three lanes will close from Peters Creek Parkway to U.S. 52.
The following ramp closures and detours are scheduled from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning:
- Sunday, the onramp from Hanes Mall Boulevard to I-40 East will be closed with a detour.
- Monday, the offramp from I-40 East to Peters Creek Parkway will be closed with a detour.
- Tuesday, the onramp from Peters Creek Parkway to I-40 East will be closed with a detour.
The overnight closures are necessary for crews to safely perform work associated with the project which will serve North Carolina drivers for decades.
Motorists should use caution while traveling through the work zones and plan accordingly for delays.