RALEIGH – The North Carolina Turnpike Authority is continuing construction of the southern portion of the Complete 540 project, which will extend the Triangle Expressway (Toll N.C. 540) from N.C. 55 Bypass to Interstate 40.
On or around August 21, Donny Brook Road will temporarily close to through traffic east of Juaquin Lane and west of Reigate Lane. The section of Donny Brook Road is scheduled to remain closed for approximately four months. Contractors are temporarily closing Donny Brook Road to allow for the construction of a replacement culvert under Donny Brook Road.
The closure and detour have been coordinated with Wake Technical Community College Southern Wake Campus and will allow for continued operations during construction activities. This work is weather dependent. Road closure and detour signs will be installed. Access to properties along Donny Brook Road will be maintained throughout the scheduled closure from the east or the west.
Drivers are strongly encouraged to plan to avoid the area, if possible. If drivers must be in the area, they are advised to take the detour route by following signs along the roadway. The detour route will be as follows:
To Donny Brook Road east of the culvert construction site:
- West on Donny Brook Road to Lake Wheeler Road (Turn right onto Lake Wheeler Road)
- North on Lake Wheeler Road to Ten Ten Road (Turn right onto Ten Ten Road)
- East on Ten Ten Road to U.S. 401/Fayetteville Road (Turn right onto U.S. 401/Fayetteville Road)
- South on U.S. 401/Fayetteville Road to Donny Brook Road (Turn right onto Donny Brook Road)
To Donny Brook Road west of the culvert construction site:
- East on Donny Brook Road to U.S. 401/Fayetteville Road (Turn left onto U.S. 401/Fayetteville Road)
- North on U.S. 401/Fayetteville Road to Ten Ten Road (Turn left onto Ten Ten Road)
- West on Ten Ten Road to Lake Wheeler Road (Turn left onto Lake Wheeler Road)
- South on Lake Wheeler Road to Donny Brook Road (Turn left onto Donny Brook Road)
Drivers should use caution and slow down while traveling through the work zones and along detour routes.