ZEBULON – Several roads along the Wake and Franklin county line will be updated thanks to a contract recently awarded by the N.C. Department of Transportation.
S.T. Wooten Corporation out of Wilson was awarded the $2.3 million contract to resurface N.C. 39 from N.C. 97 to U.S. 64 and sections of six secondary roads:
- Darius Pearce Road from Bethlehem Church Road to U.S. 401
- Pilot-Riley Road from Pearces Road to Gay Road
- Bob Richards Road from Old Halifax Road to Robbins Road
- Gay Road from Pilot-Riley Road to the Wake County line
- Johnson Town Road from Pike Ridge Road to Pearces Road
- Gay Town Road from Hopkins Chapel Road to the Franklin County line
All these roads will see milling, resurfacing and shoulder reconstruction. Work can begin as soon as March 2024 and is scheduled to be complete by fall 2025.
**VOTE FOR NC!** NCDOT’s advance flood-warning system is a finalist in the 2023 America's Transportation Awards competition. Vote here and help NCDOT win $10,000 to be donated to charity.