Build a six-lane freeway from U.S. 29 north of Greensboro to Lawndale Drive in northern Greensboro. As part of this project, NCDOT will complete the U.S. 29 interchange and the Lawndale Drive interchange. NCDOT will also construct two new interchanges that connect the Greensboro Loop to Yanceyville Street and North Elm Street.
News and Updates
Construction began in April 2018. The span from Lawndale Drive to North Elm Street is scheduled for completion in December 2020, and the entire section from Lawndale Drive to U.S. 29 is scheduled for completion in November 2022.
- Build a six-lane freeway from U.S. 29 north of Greensboro to Lawndale Drive.
- Complete the Greensboro Loop/U.S. 29 interchange.
- Complete the Greensboro Loop/Lawndale Drive interchange.
- Build bridges on the Greensboro Loop over Lees Chapel Road and Norfolk Southern Railroad.
- Build bridges on Summit Avenue, North Church Street and Lake Jeanette Road over the Greensboro Loop.
- Build an interchange at the intersection of the Greensboro Loop and Yanceyville Road.
- Build an interchange at the intersection of the Greensboro Loop and North Elm Street.
- Build a cul-de-sac at the end of Watlington Road.
- Connect Pindals Road to Candlenut Road and eliminate the intersection of Pindals Road and Summit Avenue.