The N.C. Department of Transportaton built a six-lane freeway from north of Bryan Boulevard to U.S. 220 (Battleground Avenue) in northwest Greensboro, completing the Bryan Boulevard interchange and new interchange connecting the Greensboro Loop to U.S. 220.
News and Updates
Construction began in October 2013 and the section was completed in March 2018.
- Built a six-lane freeway from north of Bryan Boulevard to U.S. 220 (Battleground Avenue).
- Completed the Greensboro Loop/Bryan Boulevard Extension interchange providing northern Greensboro with a more direct route to Piedmont Triad International Airport.
- Built a bridge on Fleming and Horse Pen Creek roads over the Greensboro Loop.
- Built a cul-de-sac at the end of Oneida Road north of the Greensboro Loop.
- Built bridges on the Greensboro Loop over Drawbridge Parkway and Horse Pen Creek tributary and wetlands.
- Built an interchange at the intersection of the Greensboro Loop and U.S. 220 (Battleground Avenue).