Build a six-lane freeway from U.S. 220 (Battleground Avenue) to Lawndale Drive in northwest Greensboro. As part of this project, NCDOT will complete the U.S. 220 (Battleground Avenue) interchange and build a new interchange connecting the Greensboro Loop to Lawndale Drive.
News and Updates
Construction began in October 2016 and the section is scheduled to open to traffic by the end of 2019.
- Build a six-lane freeway from U.S. 220 (Battleground Avenue) to Lawndale Drive.
- Complete the Greensboro Loop/U.S. 220 (Battleground Avenue) interchange.
- Build a bridge on Lake Brandt Road Extension over the Greensboro Loop.
- Build a pedestrian bridge over the Greensboro Loop to tie the proposed bikeway along Old Battleground Avenue to the existing 10-foot path.
- Extend Lake Brandt Road to Cotswold Avenue.
- Realign Cotswold Terrace at its intersection with Cotswold Avenue.
- Construct a cul-de-sac at the end of Old Battleground Road south of the Greensboro Loop.
- End Old Battleground Road at Lake Brandt Road north of the Greensboro Loop.
- Build an interchange at the intersection of the Greensboro Loop and Lawndale Drive.