The N.C. Department of Transportation constructed a six-lane freeway from U.S. 220 (Battleground Avenue) to Lawndale Drive in northwest Greensboro. As part of this project, NCDOT completed the U.S. 220 (Battleground Avenue) interchange and built a new interchange connecting the Greensboro Loop to Lawndale Drive.
News and Updates
Construction began in October 2016. The section opened to traffic on Dec. 30, 2019.
- Build a six-lane freeway from U.S. 220 (Battleground Avenue) to Lawndale Drive.
- Complete the Greensboro Loop/U.S. 220 (Battleground Avenue) interchange.
- Build a bridge on Lake Brandt Road Extension over the Greensboro Loop.
- Build a pedestrian bridge over the Greensboro Loop to tie the proposed bikeway along Old Battleground Avenue to the existing 10-foot path.
- Extend Lake Brandt Road to Cotswold Avenue.
- Realign Cotswold Terrace at its intersection with Cotswold Avenue.
- Construct a cul-de-sac at the end of Old Battleground Road south of the Greensboro Loop.
- End Old Battleground Road at Lake Brandt Road north of the Greensboro Loop.
- Build an interchange at the intersection of the Greensboro Loop and Lawndale Drive.