- Road Work Days and Times
Construction of the first phase of the Complete 540 project is underway and when complete, will extend the existing Triangle Expressway (N.C. 540) between N.C. 55 Bypass and I-40.
Please note that construction activities are dependent on equipment and weather and are subject to change.
Activities scheduled to take place in the coming weeks, through May, include:
- Clearing of land and installation of erosion control measures between:
- Sunset Lake Road and Holly Springs Road
- River Falls Drive and Sunset Lake Road
- U.S. 401 and Old McCullers Road
- Clearing of land where the project will cross Old Stage Road
- Culvert construction, clearing of land, grading and installation of erosion control measures where the project will cross Fanny Brown Road
- Clearing of land in preparation for bridgework and installation of erosion control measures where the project will cross Sauls Road
- Periodic blasting of rock near East Williams Street and N.C. 55 Bypass
- Ongoing work adjacent to I-40, including clearing of land, bridge construction, earthwork and installation of erosion and sedimentation control measures
- Shifting traffic onto a new temporary ramp from I-40 West to U.S. 70 East/Bypass (Exit 309). This temporary ramp is scheduled to be in place for approximately 12-18 months