Charged with improving the N.C. Department of Transportation's effectiveness and governance, the Office of Inspector General monitors the Department's activities and upholds its ongoing commitment to transparency, integrity and accountability in all operations.
The office's key functions are:
- Conducting audits and investigations
- Evaluating risk management systems and internal controls
- Promoting accountability, efficiency and integrity
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Minimizing incidences of fraud, waste and abuse
Auditing functions within NCDOT are consolidated within four units of the office:
Reporting Fraud, Waste or Abuse
Call the NCDOT Fraud Hotline at 1-888-4-DOT-TIP (1-888-436-8847) to anonymously report any allegations involving fraud, waste or abuse related to NCDOT business.