Community outreach began with an open-house public meeting in June 2019 at Tucker Creek Middle School. The public received information about the conceptual project designs and was able to provide feedback, express concerns and ask questions related to the proposed improvements. Information presented during the meeting can be found here.
Nearly 170 people attended. The following questions were discussed:
- What will be the changes in access to U.S. 70 from my property and how will I get onto U.S. 70?
- What is the project timeline? How long will construction take to complete? What is the timeline comparison of this project to the adjacent projects on U.S. 70?
- What is the purpose of this project?
- What are the impacts to my property?
- What will the speed limit be on the new road?
- Will the interchanges have U.S. 70 traveling over or under the cross streets?
- How accurate is the wetland mapping? Will that impact the construction of this project?
A summary of the comments received and NCDOT’s responses can be found here