To give ferry passengers timely information on schedule interruptions and other travel information, the North Carolina Ferry System has developed the Ferry Information Notification System, or FINS, which allows travelers the ability to receive email or text notifications on specific ferry routes.
Find the route you would like to get notifications for below and then sign up with your email and/or phone number. You’ll then receive immediate notifications from the ferry system on delays or cancellations on your selected routes, as well as any other necessary travel information.
Keep in mind that the system is still in the testing phase, with full implementation in spring 2023. Please submit any feedback you have on FINS.
Cherry Branch-Minnesott Beach
Hatteras-Ocracoke (Vehicle Ferry)
Hatteras-Ocracoke (Passenger Ferry)
Terms & Conditions
- When opting in for the Ferry Information Notification System, or FINS, you will receive text messages (SMS/MMD) to the mobile phone number you provided. These messages will include information about the specific ferry route you have signed up to receive updates about.
- You can opt-out of these services at any time. Just text “STOP” to the phone number. After you text “STOP”, we will send an SMS reply to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time or text “START,” and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If you are experiencing any issues, you can reply with the keyword HELP.
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- Message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you.
- At no time will we share your phone number with any other party or use it for any reason other than your participation in FINS.
- If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, please contact your wireless provider.
- If you have any questions regarding privacy, please read our