For the 2021 Aviation Art Contest, participants were asked to create original artworks inspired by the theme “A Friendlier World with Air Sports.”
Despite the challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, the statewide competition drew 764 entries from students representing 137 schools and 124 hometowns. Since 2016, 8,362 students have participated in the N.C. Aviation Art Contest.
Entries were divided into three age groups. The top three finishers in each age group advance to the national competition, hosted by the National Association of State Aviation Officials in Washington, D.C.
- First Place: Michelle Selin Park of Fayetteville
- Second Place: Kyndall Anthony of Kannapolis
- Third Place: Arnav Choudepally of Cary
- First Place: Ava Lanzy of Indian Trail
- Second Place: Anvi Choudepally of Cary
- Third Place: Anish Upadhyaya of Cary
- First Place: Amy Lee of Cary
- Second Place: Isabel Chang of Cary
- Third Place: Hailey Combs of Hampstead