For the 2023 Aviation Art Contest, participants were asked to create original artworks inspired by the theme “Air Sports & The Environment."
The statewide competition drew 1,490 entries from students representing 151 schools and 181 hometowns. Since 2016, 11,802 submissions have been entered in the N.C. Aviation Art Contest.
Entries were divided into three age groups. The top three finishers in each age group advance to the national competition, hosted by the National Association of State Aviation Officials in Washington, D.C.
- First Place: Adalyn Thomas of Valdese
- Second Place: Nadia Bryant of Fayetteville
- Third Place: Sudeep Asam of Morrisville
- First Place: Eva Meyer of Fletcher
- Second Place: Gaille Saelim of Cary
- Third Place: Mandy Xiao of Cary
- First Place: Isabel Chang of Cary
- Second Place: Audrey Song of Cary
- Third Place: Jocelyn Hernandez Jimenez of Tarboro