For the 2022 Aviation Art Contest, participants were asked to create original artworks inspired by the theme “Design Your Perfect Aircraft.”
The statewide competition drew 1,322 entries from students representing 133 schools and 165 hometowns. Since 2015, 10,349 submissions have been entered in the N.C. Aviation Art Contest.
Entries were divided into three age groups. The top three finishers in each age group advance to the national competition, hosted by the National Association of State Aviation Officials in Washington, D.C.
- First Place: Sudeep Asam of Morrisville
- Second Place: Taksh Verma of Charlotte
- Third Place: Ava Venters of Greenville
- First Place: Audrey Song of Cary
- Second Place: Kathryn Danielle Grace of Matthews
- Third Place: Michelle Selin Park of Fayetteville
- First Place: Isabel Chang of Cary
- Second Place: Amy Lei of Mooresville
- Third Place: Chloe Mosely of Lincolnton