Close Menu

Deaf or Hard of Hearing Designation

A driver who is deaf or hard of hearing may voluntarily apply to have the International Symbol of Access for Hearing Loss added to their driver license.

The symbol helps ensure mutually safe interactions during traffic stops and other situations between drivers who are deaf or hard of hearing and law enforcement officers.

To apply, a driver must have a Hearing Loss Determination Form completed by a designated resource agency (listed on the form), then sign and return it to a driver license office and pay the fee associated with getting a new or duplicate license.

A driver can request at any time for the symbol to be removed when ordering a duplicate license online or at any driver license office​.


7/27/2020 4:16 PM

Back to top