Applicants for the North Carolina HBCU/MIHE Transportation Fellows Scholarship must:
Applications will be evaluated by the North Carolina HBCU/MIHE Transportation Fellows Scholarship Program Selection Committee.
This selection committee may be composed of the following:
- Members from the N.C. Board of Transportation
- Secretary of transportation or his designee
- Prominent state-level transportation professionals, including NCDOT staff Transportation academia representing North Carolina HBCUs
- Representatives from the transportation private sector
The panel’s recommendations for selection will be forwarded to the director of HBCUs Outreach at the N.C. Department of Transportation.
The secretary of transportation (or his designee) and the HBCU director will make ﬁnal selections.
It is imperative that applicants provide an accurate and current email address for themselves and their faculty advisor. Applicants will be notiﬁed of their status via email.
Criteria for Evaluation
The North Carolina HBCU/MIHE Transportation Fellows Scholarship will be awarded based on merit and ﬁnancial need. Criteria includes:
- Class standing, 2.5 minimum grade-point average and official university transcripts
- Transportation work experience including any internships or employer endorsement
- Letters of recommendation regarding the applicant’s qualiﬁcations
- Proposed plan of study and future career plans
- Statement of ﬁnancial need