Close Menu

'VETERAN' Driver License Designation

​North Carolina military veterans can apply to carry a "VETERAN" designation on their driver licenses and ID cards as proof of prior military service.

The designation is free, but fees associated with renewing or ordering a duplicate license or ID do apply.

To request the designation, take one of the following proofs of honorable discharge to an NCDMV driver license office:

​DD-214 – Certificate of Release or Discharge
​DD-215 – Certificate of Release or Discharge
​WD AGO 53/55 – Report of Separation
​NAVMC 78-PD – Notice of SeparationNAVPERS – Separation of Service
​NAVPERS – Separation of Service

7/10/2018 10:18 AM

Back to top