Close Menu

Records & Reports

North Carolina drivers can request crash reports, driving records and vehicle records for a fee from the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles.

Driving records generally include motor vehicle-related convictions and wreck information as well as basic license information. They can be ordered online, by mail or in person at NCDMV Headquarters.

Crash reports and vehicle records can be requested by mail or in person at NCDMV headquarters.

Please note: A North Carolina motor vehicle record (MVR) is a driving record, vehicle record or crash report.  The manner in which MVR information may be released is regulated by the Federal Driver’s Privacy Protection Act (or DPPA), 18 USC 2721-2725 and North Carolina G.S. 20-43.1.  

An individual requesting their personal motor vehicle records in person must complete the appropriate forms and present a valid ID. An individual requesting a personal motor vehicle record on another’s behalf must also provide a written, signed, and notarized statement from the individual to whom the personal records belong, giving the requestor their permission to receive the records. 

Learn More

9/14/2021 8:01 AM

Back to top