Close Menu

Moving Information

Individuals who move to North Carolina or relocate within the state must update their address with the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles within 60 days and get a new or duplicate license or ID as well as a new or duplicate vehicle registration.

Residents moving outside North Carolina must surrender their North Carolina license and license plate upon establishing a new permanent residence.

Individuals with a valid North Carolina license or ID who only need to change their mailing address should call NCDMV customer service at (919) 715-7000 or visit an NCDMV driver license office.

7/31/2018 4:04 PM

Back to top