Close Menu

Crash Reports

​​​​​​​Crash reports can be requested by completing the Crash Report Request Form (TR-67A) and mailing​​ it to the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles or submitting the form in person at the Vehicle Registration office​ at 4121 New Bern Ave.​, Raleigh​ or 12101 Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road, Huntersville​.

Please note: A North Carolina motor vehicle record (MVR) is a driving record, vehicle record or crash report.  The manner in which MVR information may be released is regulated by the Federal Driver’s Privacy Protection Act (or DPPA), 18 USC 2721-2725 and North Carolina G.S. 20-43.1. 

An individual requesting their personal motor vehicle records in person must complete the appropriate forms and present a valid ID. An individual requesting a personal motor vehicle record on another’s behalf must also provide a written, signed, and notarized statement from the individual to whom the personal records belong, giving the requestor their permission to receive the records. ​

Ordering by Mail​​

To order a crash report by mail, fill out the Crash Report Request (T​R-67A) form and mail it along with payment (see fee below) to the address listed on the form. 

Please allow 10 business days from the time of receipt for the request to be processed.

To avoid delay or return of your request, ensure that forms are completely and correctly filled out and that your check or money order, made payable to NCDMV is signed.

Ordering in Person

To request a crash report in person, submit the Crash Report Request (T​R-67A) form​​​​ and payment to:

Raleigh Central Services/License Plate Agency

4121 New Bern Ave. (Go to the door that reads Vehicle Registration, NOT Driver License)​
Raleigh, NC 27616​

Huntersville License Plate Agency
12101 Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road
Huntersville, NC 28078​

Customers or businesses requesting five records or less in person can receive them immediately, but larger requests will need to be mailed in to the DMV. ​​


​Learn More

6/30/2024 6:26 PM

Back to top