Close Menu

Motorcycle Endorsements

​Military personnel licensed in North Carolina but stationed outside the state can add or renew a motorcycle endorsement if they have a photo on file that was issued within the last eight years.

In addition to completing a motorcycle endorsement application, they must submit to the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles a copy of their:

  • Valid North Carolina driver license
  • Military ID card
  • Motorcycle Safety Foundation card (both front and back) along with written verification of its authenticity from a military safety officer​

If the written examination and skills test are unavailable, NCDMV may accept a Motorcycle Rider Card. Written verification of its authenticity from a military safety officer is required.

Documents can be submitted via email at or fax to (919) 861-3393.

Note: Renewing a North Carolina driver license or ID card will cancel any licenses or ID cards from other states through the State-to-State Verification program​.

2/22/2019 4:56 PM

Back to top