In partnership with the N.C. Department of Transportation, the Division of Motor Vehicles Internship program offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to explore career opportunities at the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles.
Students learn about the daily work and responsibilities performed by NCDMV employees and gain valuable on-the-job experience. This paid, full-time internship program runs from May to August.
Internships are offered as a onetime assignment and students are encouraged to reapply for a consecutive internship the following year. Based on need, internship positions are offered to students enrolled in a variety of majors.
Who Should Apply
Undergraduate and graduate students who:
- Possess a passion for public service and the role transportation plays in improving people's lives.
- Exemplify NCDOT's core values—safety, customer service, diversity, integrity, quality, teamwork and innovation.
Qualified applicants must:
- Currently enrolled in an associates, bachelor’s or master’s program at an accredited institution.
- Completed at least 24 semester hours upon employment.
- Possess a minimum 2.3 GPA.
Apply online at the
N.C. State Government employment website. A college transcript is required and applications without a transcript will be considered incomplete.
Positions are located at NCDMV's Rocky Mount campus and placement within a department or unit will be based on the student’s interests and needs.