The Summer Intern Program offers paid internships for eligible students majoring in a variety of disciplines. Participants gain valuable experience that counts toward eligibility for permanent employment with the N.C. Department of Transportation.
Who Should Apply
College and graduate students who:
- Possess a passion for public service and the role transportation plays in improving people's lives.
- Exemplify NCDOT's core values - safety, customer service, diversity, integrity, quality, teamwork and innovation.
Qualified applicants must:
- Be enrolled at an accredited institution and in an associate, bachelor's or master's level program
- Have completed at least 24 semester hours upon employment
- Have a minimum 2.3 grade point average
Apply online by going to the
North Carolina State Government employment website and searching for
Summer Intern Program. A college transcript is required. Applications without a transcript will be considered incomplete.
May through August
Locations vary depending on availability and location of current construction projects, job requirements, and the applicant's needs and interests. An applicant may request a location, but it is not guaranteed.